Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bad Home Warranty Experience

As a Realtor, I generally refer clients to 3 vendors in any particular category. 3 Lendors, 3 insurance companies, 3 painters, and so on. That way they can make their own choice who to go with. Same true with Home Warranty Companies. But 9 times out of 10, they figure the company I have personally must be the best, after all if it's good enough for me, it's gotta be good enough for them. NOT SO!

I'm only in my 2nd year with Old Republic Home Warranty but have referred them to clients for years. Since my rep left (who was wonderful), all they want is my payment. I've been trying to get my washing machine fixed for months. And my oven that I called in was flat denied stating it was due to "excessive force". Give me a break!

Mine's a long story but in short, they will find any excuse not to take care of something and I think their contractors work with them because otherwise, they wouldn't have any customers. They are THAT bad. I would like to hear from anyone else if you've had a similar experience with YOUR home warranty company. And if you're happy with yours, I would like to hear that too. I'm canceling my contract and shopping around.

Oh, and if you happen to be one of the powers that be with ORHW and are reading this...then good. Maybe I've finally gotten someone's attention. Nothing else has worked!

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick update. After posting this blog, I received a call from Old Republic Home Warranty, asking what they could do to make me happy. I told them to just fix my washer. They did and the problem has been resolved.

    ReplyDelete